Amanda-Users

extracting log data during dump

2003-03-24 11:35:23
Subject: extracting log data during dump
From: Matthew Moffitt <moffitt.10 AT sociology.osu DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:11:59 -0500
I have a simple perl script that pulls out entries from the amdump log file to
track total number of files dumped, bytes output to tape, etc, then feeds these
out for processing by MRTG.  It works nicely but I can't grab the data during
the actual dump phase, only after it's complete when the entire log is written
out.

Is there a file I could be pulling data from DURING the dump so I can chart,
for instance, number of files systems that have been backed up, or a count of
bytes sent off to tape?  admump.1 or log.<currentdate>.0 only seem to be
updated once the dump is complete so I only have the summary information after
it is finished.

Thanks much for any help.

-Matt