Amanda-Users

Re: help restoring...

2003-03-21 20:39:24
Subject: Re: help restoring...
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 19:16:30 -0500
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:01:21PM -0700, b. ash wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is the setup: solaris 8 acting as the amanda server, and a linux
> client with ext2/3 filesystem.
>
> I have done an amrestore to get the nescessary file, that went well.  I
> tried to use ufsrestore to examine this file, the seg faulted, I nfs

I presume the backup was made with linux's dump, so it is HIGHLY unlikely
that ufsrestore would work.

> mounted the the directory where amrestore placed the file and then used
> linux restore to access the contents of the file, I select all files to
> be restored and then did the extract.. here is where the problem is.
>
> restore -ivb 2 -f penne._.20030310.0
>
> now I can see the files, and select them all.
>

> I keep getting the error message for all of the files:
>
> ./etc/cron.daily/tripwire-check: (inode 1889691) not found on tape
>
> the directories get created...

I don't see any logical reason for this idea to work, when what you did
does not, but have you tried running the amrestore from the linux client
rather than from the solaris server?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)