Amanda-Users

amrecover problem with changer

2003-03-20 21:54:04
Subject: amrecover problem with changer
From: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 20 Mar 2003 17:30:14 -0800
I am trying a test amrestore of some files after amanda has run for a
bit on a RedHat 8.0 system with an HP DDS-3 6-tape changer.  The backups
are fine, as are the automatic tape changes;  I can get at all of my
backups manually with dd and tar.  However, amrestore is not happy.

The details:   I'm using amanda 2.4.3 compiled locally (no RedHat RPM
for me).  'tapedev "0"' appears in amanda.conf since I'm using a
changer.  The changer config file has only one changer entry in it, and
has the lines

changerdev /dev/sg3
scsitapedev /dev/sg3
dev /dev/nst0

amidxtaped.*.debug reveals that amrecover, when used, exec's "amrestore
-h -p 0" followed by the usual remaining arguments.  Of course this
fails, since there is no file or device named "0" which amrestore can
get at.

So, what's wrong?  I've checked the mail archive as carefully as I can
and cannot find a similar question.

--
Stephen Walton, Professor, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State
Northridge