Amanda-Users

Upgrading to 2.4.4: amcheck complains about samba exclude list

2003-03-19 12:04:54
Subject: Upgrading to 2.4.4: amcheck complains about samba exclude list
From: "Fabio Corazza" <corazza AT prosa DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:22:53 +0100
I've upgraded my Amanda version since I can't get a clue about some
strange problems at amverify (note that the backup completes regularly
and I need to backup ONLY Windows hosts through smbclient).

After recreating the previous configuration following the new 2.4.4
syntax and changes I get amcheck complaining about the samba exclude
list support.

I've never heard this before... but it would be annoying recompiling
ALSO Samba from source just to include a feature I don't need.

Can anybody explain me what this error means?

uranus:/usr/src/amanda-2.4.4# su backup -c /usr/sbin/amcheck ProsaDaily
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /usr/local/.holding: 13655828 KB disk space available,
that's plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape PROSADAILY03 label ok
NOTE: info dir /var/amanda/ProsaDaily/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
NOTE: index dir /var/amanda/ProsaDaily/index: does not exist
Server check took 12.447 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: uranus.prosa.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
ERROR: uranus.prosa.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
ERROR: uranus.prosa.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
ERROR: uranus.prosa.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
ERROR: uranus.prosa.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
ERROR: uranus.prosa.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
Client check: 1 host checked in 1.642 seconds, 6 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

Thank you in advance,
Fabio