Amanda-Users

Re: amandad error

2003-03-18 15:26:42
Subject: Re: amandad error
From: bao <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:16:10 -0800
Hi Paul

Paul Bijnens wrote:
Op ma 17-03-2003, om 22:57 schreef bao:

xinetd[...]: execv( ../usr/libexec/amandad ) failed : Permission denied (errno = 13)

Are the directory usr and libexec also accessible as amanda?
Can you try:
        su amanda -c /usr/libexec/amandad

I had already done a "make install", but when I issued the command you suggested, this is what I see:

../amandad: line 1: cd:/../amanda-2.4.4/client-src: No such file or directory
gcc: amandad.o: No such file or directory
gcc: ./.libs/libamclient.so: No such file or directory
gcc: ./common-src/.libs/libamanda.so: No such fiile or directory

Why does it look at the source directory?? Hmmm

This command should just sit there for about 30 seconds and
then exit (if you type something it exists immediately).
It also creates a file: /tmp/amanda/amandad.*DateTimeStamp*.debug
with the error message ("timeout" or "error receiving message").