Amanda-Users

another data point on the hfstar "file is unchanged; not dumped" warning

2003-03-18 11:34:52
Subject: another data point on the hfstar "file is unchanged; not dumped" warning
From: Mark Stosberg <mark AT summersault DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:42:11 +0000 (UTC)
Hello, I believe along with some other OS X amanda user, I'm getting
thousands of lines of messages in my log reports with the message "file
is unchanged; not dumped" These seem to be distrupting the backup as
well as generating multi-Meg e-mails. The warning has been traced to
a message that hfstar emits (so it's not strictly an Amanda error).

Yesterday I found a patch for tar which seemed related:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-utils/2002-01/msg00048.html

I applied it, recompiled hfstar and waited to see what would happen with last
night's backup-- it didn't seem to help. The errors have continued.
If any other OS X/hfstar users have overcome this, help is appreciated.

Thanks!

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark AT summersault DOT com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .