Amanda-Users

Re: problems whth chg-scsi on Linux with AIT scalar 480

2003-03-17 17:16:38
Subject: Re: problems whth chg-scsi on Linux with AIT scalar 480
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Michael Scaglione <Mike.Scaglione AT crcnet1 DOT com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:42:36 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 at 3:33pm, Michael Scaglione wrote

> Have been playing with the chg_zd_mtx script. Seems to work fine against one
> tape drive, but I don't understand how to configure it to be 'aware' of both
> tape drives.  Any ideas?

I don't know that you can, even with cgh-scsi, with amanda.  There have
been some recent discussions of this on the list -- the consensus seemed
to be to split up your disklist into two amanda configs, one for each of
the tape drives.  When doing this, you have to split by client, as you
cannot make two amandad requests to the same client at a time (well, you
can, but not without some patches).

There's also RAIT...

--
Joshua Baker-LePain