Amanda-Users

Check length/capacity of tape?

2003-03-12 14:01:47
Subject: Check length/capacity of tape?
From: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:40:12 -0800
My first "successful" backup withe the DLT7000 loader seems to have run
out of tape at about 20GB.  I'm *almost* certain that all of the tapes I
was using with the DLT4000 were new, and therefore should be capable of
holding the 35GB.  There isn't any definitive markings on any of the
tapes.  They all say "DLT IV" but nothing more.  Is there any way, short
of running tapetype on every tape, to know for certain its' capacity?

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/