Amanda-Users

Re: Flushing interrupted backups

2003-03-12 12:32:53
Subject: Re: Flushing interrupted backups
From: Martin hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: Alex Page <alex.page AT cancer.org DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:40:58 +0000
Alex Page wrote:
Last night, my amdump was interrupted, and there is data left in my
holding disk. I'd like to use amflush to dump them onto the tape I was
using for last night's backup, but it insists that I use a new tape for
the flush. Is there any way to convince Amanda to use last night's tape?

Alex
Hi Alex

not really, if you force the flush to tape it will overwrite the stuff already there.

Prob best to not put in a tape tonight. This will force the backups to the holding area, then flush everything to tape tomorrow when you get in.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.