Amanda-Users

Density codes

2003-03-07 18:50:33
Subject: Density codes
From: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:42:14 -0800
I'm trying to find the tape density codes for this A5501A DLT 7000
library and haven't had any luck yet.  The drive seems to think it's a
20GB:

[root@backup tape-src]# mt status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x1a (DLT 20GB).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

There are no density codes listed in the manual.  I can't find them on
HPs web site or with Google, either.  And I can't find any option in the
control panel to change this, either.

I'm running tapetype (yes, with compression off!) to see what it'll say.

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/