Amanda-Users

Re: Q: NOTE by amcheck

2003-03-06 12:49:34
Subject: Re: Q: NOTE by amcheck
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Raúl Wild-Spain <rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:09:10 -0600
--On Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:21:05 +0100 Raúl Wild-Spain <rcruz AT wild-spain
DOT com> wrote:

Hi! After my first succesfully try with amanda I've been changed my disklist to
adjust them not for filesystems but for the important directories I want to
backup. In this case amcheck says the following:

NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.notesini: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.notesini: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.recursosBD: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.recursosBD: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.namesBD: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.namesBD: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.mail: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.mail: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.aplicacionsFURV: does not
exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.aplicacionsFURV: does not
exist

Should I suppose that amanda will create the necessary directories and files when needed although
it not indicates " NOTE: it will be created on the next run"? or I must to do this
"by hand"?

The man page of amcheck isn't clear about this ...

As many others have already answered, these will be created by Amanda.

- comment : -  /.xxxxx are softlinks to every directory or file I want to backup

If you are saying that all of the paths you tell Amanda to back up  are soft
links,
you have a big problem.  All that will be backed up are the links themselves,
not
the directories they point to.   Also, disklist entries are usually directories
or
partitions and not files, but if you are using GNU tar I suppose passing it a
filename
instead of a directory would work (anyone here know for sure?).

Frank

Best Regards,

Raúl
rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com