Amanda-Users

DLT 7000 tapetype (fwd)

2003-03-05 13:26:42
Subject: DLT 7000 tapetype (fwd)
From: Terri Eads <eads AT rap.ucar DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:38:18 -0700 (MST)
Forwarded message:

> I ran the tapetype program from 2.4.3 on a DLT 7000
> drive in an Overland MiniLibrary Xpress and got the
> following:
>
> define tapetype DLT7000 {
>     comment "just produced by tapetype program"
>     length 29668 mbytes
>     filemark 0 kbytes
>     speed 1700 kps
>
> The "filemark 0 kbytes" just doesn't look right to me.
> Does anyone else have something else for a DLT7000?
>
> --
> Terri Eads            UNIX Systems Administrator
> eads AT ucar DOT edu          Research Applications Program
> 303-497-8425          National Center for Atmospheric Research

Well, I downloaded 2.4.4 and ran "amtapetype" and here are
the results from that:

define tapetype DLT7000 {
    comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware compression on)"
    length 29871 mbytes
    filemark 26 kbytes
    speed 1701 kps
}

So I think I'll use that one. I may rerun it with the hardware
compression off to see what that does, but it looks like amtapetype
is giving better results.