Amanda-Users

Amanda 2.4.4 + Cygwin = loss of hair...

2003-03-05 11:48:52
Subject: Amanda 2.4.4 + Cygwin = loss of hair...
From: "Steve Loughran" <stevelml1 AT scee.sony.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:01:43 -0000
Hi all

I`ve used Cygwin before, and I have used Amanda for a while now, but trying
to get Amanda on Cygwin to work happily is beginning to drive me nuts... I
thought I`d get more helpful answers on here than on the Cygwin
forums/lists.

I followed the HOWTO-CYGWIN.html doc to the letter, got inetd running from
services on XP Pro, but running amcheck on the XP/Cygwin host on the tape
server keeps spitting out

"WARNING: <hostname>: selfcheck request timed out. Host Down"

if I run inetd -d from Cygwin bash shell, i see amandad getting
started,stopped,started,stopped, over and over again....

I have spent most of today banging my head against this... and when I wasnt
banging my head, I was trawling the web (with no result that helps).... Has
anyone got this setup running correctly?

Many thanks in advance for any help...
--

Steve

Steve Loughran, Network Infrastructure Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (Cambridge)
Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace
ICQ#: 104426046