Amanda-Users

Re: Tape mark error on LTO drive/tapes

2003-03-04 19:49:22
Subject: Re: Tape mark error on LTO drive/tapes
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Murray Taylor <murraytaylor AT bytecraftsystems DOT com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:15:43 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 at 9:19am, Murray Taylor wrote

> *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing filemark: Input/output error]].

> It seems to be related to a long pause in the cycles as the
> last halfcut partition is dumped prior to taping

What do you mean by "long pause in the cycles"?

>   taper: tape Daily001 kb 6512800 fm 9 writing filemark: Input/output
> error

You're only getting about 6.5MB on a tape, before the OS throws an I/O
error.  Do you have any messages in your system logs?  What OS are we
talking here?  Have you tested the tape drive w/o amanda?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering