Amanda-Users

[ragnar AT sysabend DOT org: Recent upgrade issue.]

2003-03-04 15:42:38
Subject: [ragnar AT sysabend DOT org: Recent upgrade issue.]
From: "Stephen D. Lane" <drsteve AT nature.Berkeley DOT EDU>
To: amanda-users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:16:36 -0800
Don't know if this is useful to you or not, but I just (two days ago)
downloaded & installed 2.4.2p2 from freeware.sgi.com with no problems
under 6.5.18m & it works great!

If you do this, you'll at least need (based on the conflicts I had):

fw_amanda-2.4.2p2.tardist
fw_libxpm-3.4k.tardist
fw_bzip2-1.0.1.tardist
fw_libz-1.1.4.tardist
fw_gawk-3.1.1.tardist
fw_plotutils-2.4.1-sgipl1.tardist
fw_gnuplot-3.7.1-sgipl2.tardist
fw_readline-4.3.tardist
fw_libpng-1.0.14.tardist
fw_tar-1.13.25-sgipl1.tardist

By default it installs to run under user root, but if you want to run
it under user amanda, there's a bit in the install instructions on the
web site about installing the correct pieces from the
fw_amanda-2.4.2p2.tardist.

Good luck!

--Steve Lane               /"\
  Doudna Lab               \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  U. C. Berkeley            X     Against HTML Email
                           / \

----- Forwarded message from Jamie Bowden <ragnar AT sysabend DOT org> -----