Amanda-Users

Amanda 2.4.3 / Solaris 9 / L9 / mtx version 1.2.17rel

2003-03-04 12:32:19
Subject: Amanda 2.4.3 / Solaris 9 / L9 / mtx version 1.2.17rel
From: "Pablo Jejcic (cmspj)" <p.jejcic AT rgu.ac DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:58:41 -0000
Amanda list,
        I installed Amanda, mtx to control and L9 and backup the box.
        Amanda is workign perfect, and mtx work perfect. But when I try
to use chg-zd-mtx the problem started. Please find below the
configurations and the problem:

Configs:
> ####
> firstslot=1              #### First storage slot (element) -- required
> lastslot=9                #### Last storage slot (element) -- required
> cleanslot=-1              #### Slot with cleaner tape -- default is
"-1"
> #
> driveslot=0                 #### Drive slot number.  Defaults to the

When I try:
> > bash-2.05# mtx status
> >   Storage Changer /dev/changer:1 Drives, 9 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )

> > Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 5 Loaded):VolumeTag =
> >       Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 3:Full :VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 4:Full :VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 5:Empty:VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 6:Full :VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 7:Empty:VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 8:Empty:VolumeTag=
> >       Storage Element 9:Empty:VolumeTag=

But if I use chg-zd-mtx, I get:

> > bash-2.05# /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info
> > 5 6 1

A little more information. I f I put one tape in the last slot, then the
chg-zd-mtx -info show the right values, but if I change it back to
another slot, then it stop working again, and show the number of the
last slot use, for example, if I put the last tape into slot 7 I
receive:

1 7 1
 and if I put the last one into 6 I receive:

1 6 1

At the same time if I run amcheck, I receive:

bash-2.05# amcheck <amanda_set>
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /projects/dumps: 275192525 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
amcheck-server: slot /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx:: test: ] missing
amcheck-server: slot <error>: could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx"
amcheck-server: slot <error>: could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx"
amcheck-server: slot <error>: could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx"
amcheck-server: slot <error>: could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx"
amcheck-server: slot <error>: could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx"
amcheck-server: slot /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx:: test: ] missing
ERROR: label AMANDA15 or new tape not found in rack
       (expecting tape AMANDA15 or a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 373.340 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.046 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3)

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards.
  _____

Pablo Jejcic
Smartweb Senior system Administrator
School of Computing - Robert Gordon University
pablo.jejcic AT smartweb.rgu.ac DOT uk T:44-(0)1224-262797 F:44-(0)1224-262790
  _____

``The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
from. And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to
wait another year until the one arises you are looking for.''
A. Tanenbaum, ``Introduction to Computer Networks'

  _____