Amanda-Users

NAK: amandad busy

2003-02-18 17:47:35
Subject: NAK: amandad busy
From: "Shawn Sanders" <ssanders AT tcs-sec DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:24:24 -0500
I am adding a new system to our amanda backup system.  The system has a
LARGE filesystem so I have
to use tar to divide it up some.  amcheck runs fine, but when amdump runs I
get the following error
in the email report : Request to hostname timed out

The problematic client (Intel Solaris 8) gets this in the amandad.debug

Amanda 2.4 NAK HANDLE 000-D0A00708 SEQ 1045598401
ERROR amandad busy

The server is running Redhat 7.2.

The two directories I am backing up are 17/18GB.  The tar seems to be taking
several hours
to complete.  Do I need to adjust a wait state or perhaps I am missing
something else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn