Amanda-Users

Re: amlabel: reading label: Value too large for defined data type

2003-01-28 15:09:40
Subject: Re: amlabel: reading label: Value too large for defined data type
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Tim Souder <tsouder AT mcs.drexel DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:28:50 -0500
On Tuesday 28 January 2003 12:13, Tim Souder wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>When I attempt to use amlabel to label a tape on a
> Tandberg/Quantum SDLT 220, it produces the following error:
>
>[amanda@Jupiter amanda]$ amlabel -f DailySet1 DailySet100
>rewinding, reading label, reading label: Value too large for
> defined data type rewinding, writing label DailySet100, checking
> label
>amlabel: reading label: Value too large for defined data type

If your amanda.conf describes the labelstring as the default, like
this:

labelstr "^DailySet1-[0-9][0-9]*$"

then the real problem is the missing '-' between DailySet1 and the
rest of the number.  If you intended to label the 100th tape, then
the applied label should have been: "DailySet1-100".

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M