Amanda-Users

amresore problems, Doesn't know which "restore" to use.

2003-01-27 10:32:34
Subject: amresore problems, Doesn't know which "restore" to use.
From: stan <stanb AT awod DOT com>
To: "amanda; amanda users lisr" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:59:13 -0500
I;m having problems getting a backup restored. Here's the scenario.

Tape server machine Debian GNU link "testing", running Amanda 2.4.3b4

Client machine HP-UX 10.20 running Amanda 2.4.2p1, and with VXFS filesystems
(I think this is  important).

I'm running amrecover on the client, and all is going OK, up until the
host starts reading the tape. Then I get an error about :not a dump tape".
So, when I look in the amrecover debug file on the client, I find it's
trying to execute /sbin/restore. This is wrong, it should be trying to
execute /usr/sbin/vxrestore.

Have I built the client incorrectly? How can I fix this problem?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin