Amanda-Users

Re: LTO Ultrium

2003-01-27 04:36:10
Subject: Re: LTO Ultrium
From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard AT jasongeo DOT com>
To: Martin Oehler <martin.oehler AT gmx DOT net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:54:59 +0100
* Martin Oehler <martin.oehler AT gmx DOT net> (Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 05:11:39PM
+0100)
> Hi!
>
> Am Fre, 2003-01-24 um 16.22 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> > On Friday 24 January 2003 08:53, Martin Oehler wrote:
> > >Why is the length the same? Seems like switching the compression
> > > modes with mt is not working.
> >
> > It was still on?  You didn't say that you had turned it back off
> > above.  Maybe this drive has a compression scheme like the DDS
> > drives do, whereby it records the compression status in a hidden
> > header, and resets it to match that tape when the tape is next
> > scanned at insertion.  In which case see my rough outline of what
> > it takes to turn those flags off, in a previous message earlier
> > today.
>
> I'm sorry, I made a mistake. The hardware compression was off
> all the time. :(

That's exactly what it looked like ;)

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone :+31-10.280.1515
Global IT Support manager                       Direct:+31-10.280.1539

      This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
  addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
       If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
         disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
      If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
           immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.