Amanda-Users

Windows backups

2003-01-22 17:19:38
Subject: Windows backups
From: "Bill Hults" <ehults AT paydata DOT com>
To: "Amanda List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:47:27 -0500
Hi
I'm running Amanda 2.4.3 under RH8 backing up a few Linux boxes. This runs
well.
I now would like to add some of my W2K machines to the backup.
As per the instructions -
I recompiled Amanda with --with-smbclient --user-amanda --group-disk
I created a amanda user with appropriate rights on the W2K box.
I created a hidden share (sharename$) on the W2K box.
I added the same amanda user to smbpasswd.
I created amandapass owned by amanda:disk
I added the line "//W2KServer/sharename$  amanda%passwd  WORKGROUP" to the
amandapass
I added an entry to the disklist for the backup - "BS1
//W2KServer/sharename$ comp-user-tar"
When I run amcheck I get -
ERROR: NAK BS1: amandad busy
Client check: 8 hosts checked in 0.836 seconds, 1 problem found
What did I miss?
TIA

Bill Hults