Amanda-Users

Re: SCSI or amanda trouble?

2003-01-17 08:22:32
Subject: Re: SCSI or amanda trouble?
From: heryzo AT simicro-internet DOT mg
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:50:05 +0300

> > Somehow, I now have this in my kernel messages (which didn't happen
> > when I only had one SCSI controller):
> >
> > Jan 16 16:17:09 parasy kernel: st0: Error with sense data: Info fld=0x2,
> Current st09:00: sense key Medium Error
> > Jan 16 16:17:09 parasy kernel: Additional sense indicates Write error
>
> How often do you clean your tape drive?  How old are the tapes?  How old
> is the tape drive?  This is a hardware issue, not an amanda one.

tape are DDS2 ones and tape drive is cleaned once a week while I backup 5 times
a week.
Tapes are one year/ six months old. I'm already looking for informations about
HP C5707A DDS2 or SONY DGD120P DDS tapes so that I can systematically replace
them but all I can find is that these are tapes with warranty lifetime (BTW,
does anyone know how many times these DDS2 tapes can be used and should be
replaced?)
Tape drive (HP SureStore DAT 8) is two years old.

Regards.
Hery Zo
Simicro Internet
Madagascar