Amanda-Users

Re: Moving Amanda to FreeBSD host, problems

2003-01-11 15:50:28
Subject: Re: Moving Amanda to FreeBSD host, problems
From: Scott Lambert <scott AT inch DOT com>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:11:59 -0500
On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:43:52AM -0500, stan wrote:
> I'm moving my amnda server from an HP-UX machine  to a FreeBDS 4.7-STABLE
> machine and I have a couple of problems I'm hopeing some kind soul can help
> me with.
>
> First is device names. It looks like (from dmesg) that my SCSI DLT40 drive
> is found at /dev/sa0. And Indeed I seem to be able to access it there.
> However I don't see a /dev/sa0n. What would the no rewind device  be under
> FreeBSD?

/dev/nsa0

> Second, the machine in question (the new tape/index) server, has been
> aclient of the existing server since it was born. I have an user named
> amanda, and historicaly amanda has belonged to the group opeerator. However
> aparently that won't work for the server side?

Run the server as operator.

> I'm geting erros about planner, dumper, and amcheck not being SUID root.
> Do they need to be owned ny root?

Did you install using the port?  It gets the ownership right.

--
Scott Lambert           KC5MLE           System Administrator

Attention Customers:
  Refer-A-Friend and receive one month of service for free!
  For further details, please visit: http://inch.com/refer-a-friend/
  or, call the Internet Channel billing department at (212) 243-5200.