Amanda-Users

Re: Network Attached Storage

2003-01-09 11:37:28
Subject: Re: Network Attached Storage
From: Niall O Broin <niall AT linux DOT ie>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:44:58 +0000
On Thursday 09 January 2003 13:28, wab wrote:

> Greetings. I was wondering if anybody here uses AMANDA with Network
> Attached Storage, as opposed to tapes, and how it works. Thanks!

The amanda server would see the NAS box as a disk drive, and then you would
use the file: driver in 2.4.3. It works just fine, if a little hairy to get
started with because of the lack of documentation. I plan to write such
documentation Real Soon Now, but I'm not going to until my configuration is
closer to optimal - for instance, I don't use a changer at the moment, and
that's definitely the best way to go.

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin