Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore: could not stat /dev/rmt0.1

2003-01-07 19:26:09
Subject: Re: amrestore: could not stat /dev/rmt0.1
From: David Hayes <david AT bdel DOT com>
To: "John R. Jackson" <jrj AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:06:19 -0700 (MST)
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, John R. Jackson wrote:

>That message comes from a pretty simple stat() system call on the tape
>device.  Was the drive ready when you did this?  I assume /dev/rmt0.1
>was the right device name?

The drive was ready.  And the same command works fine if I run the old
(2.4.2p2) version or amrestore.

>In any case, could you apply the following patch and report what the
>error code is (it will now be logged in the same message)?
>
>A quick glance at the 2.4.2 code seems to indicate it's doing the exact
>same thing as 2.4.3, so I'm not sure why there would be a problem (not
>saying there isn't -- just don't get it yet).

Here's what I get when I run the patched 2.4.3 version:

# /amanda/sbin/amrestore /dev/rmt0.1 shrike /home
amrestore: could not stat /dev/rmt0.1: A memory address is not in the
address space for the process.

Thanks for looking into this.

--david