Amanda-Users

Re: strange level 0 backups every day

2003-01-03 12:23:55
Subject: Re: strange level 0 backups every day
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT tucows DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:51:15 -0500
On Friday 03 January 2003 11:10, Yura Pismerov wrote:
>Hi gurus,
>
>What could be the reason that some boxes get backed up with level
> 0 every day (although the dumpcycle set up for 7 days). Does it
> mean that some index (or whatever it is) files got corrupted so
> Amanda does not track the backups properly ?
>What so I do to fix the problem in this case ?
>
>       TIA.

Some filesystems do not support the mtime or ctime file attributes
and must be considered fresh on every pass.

You didn't say what filesystem was in use on the disklist entries
involved, so I'd natually assume its a vfat partition or a samba
share.  I keep a "dos" partition here with just enough of the last
version I ever bought, 5.0, to use as flashrom updateing and such.
It gets a level 0 every night, but thats only a few megabytes.

Can you elaborate?

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M