Amanda-Users

host timed out

2002-11-28 10:33:01
Subject: host timed out
From: Mozzi <linux AT mostert.nom DOT za>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:56:09 +0200
Hallo all

I installed amanda and I backup with it daily.
Evereything looks just wonderfull.

a week or so ago I had to cut over to a new mailserver(more powerfull) but now when I tried to get amanda back up it is just not happening!!! I did not change a single thing on the tapehost and I still use exactly the same hostname/ip

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: ****.lantic.net: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 6 hosts checked in 29.952 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3)

I have searched the FOM and ran all the tests they mentioned there, I just don't get it

Mozzi

--
 _
( )     Ascii ribbon campaign against html email