Amanda-Users

Re: Re: database backup

2002-11-27 16:23:47
Subject: Re: Re: database backup
From: jordivi <jordivi AT wtransnet DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:55:27 -0800 (PST)
Hi Jerry

I will add a database server to the disklist soon. We have mirror disks
and Solaris Disk Suit (SDS). This is aplicable also to linux raidtools.

I will:
- stop oracle; metaoffline a submirror and mount it read-only elsewhere
- start oracle
- Run amanda (over the off-lined submirror)
- Stop oracle; umount the submirror and metaonline it
- Start again oracle.

(Its posible that even stop/start oracle is not necesary but
I'm not sure, so I will stop it :)

If you dont have mirror, I agree with Jon LaBadie about wrapping
the tar/dump itself. I did it with smbclient (with a uggly workaround
to avoid the passwords pipe) and it works, it can do different
things based on the command parameters (host/disk...)

Regards
Jordi

>On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:46:21  0100 Andreas Baier
<andreas.baier AT mindmatics DOT de> wrote.