Amanda-Users

Re: How to restore a raw device ?

2002-11-27 04:25:30
Subject: Re: How to restore a raw device ?
From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard AT jasongeo DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:44:46 +0100
* Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> (Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:22:10PM -0500)
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 06:44:14PM -0800, kh teoh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using amanda-2.4.3 running on Redhat 7.1(2.4.9). I
> > managed to backup a raw device(/dev/sda13) using DUMP
> > but how do I restore it ? That raw device is not
> > mounted to any directory, it is reserved for Informix
> > use.
>
> Did you try amrestore?  Perhaps the syntax:
>
>   amrestore <tapedev> <hostname> /dev/sda13
>
> will be enough.  I've not had a need to try it.

May I politely suggest that it's a very good idea to occasionally restore
some data from your backups just to know what you need to do when you'e
accidentally wiped an entiore disk,a nd you have 500 screaming users at
your door demanding their files back right now ?

Currently listening to: Tales of Brave Ulysses

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Some say the end is near.
 =`\<,  Some say we'll see armageddon soon