Amanda-Users

HP SureStore Tape Magazine find

2002-11-25 23:06:21
Subject: HP SureStore Tape Magazine find
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:34:19 -0500
Normally I would not do this, but ...

There seem to be quite a few list members who, like me,
use the HP 24x6 models of DDS3 changers.  Spare magazines
are to hold tape cartridges are always useful for these
drives.  HP lists (C1571A) at $32, but the last time I
was in the market they were back ordered for 2 months.

HP also lists a filled magazine (5 tapes + cleaning cart.)
as item C1570A for $113.  I found a site selling these filled
magazines for $39, called (can you believe it?) "weirdstuff.com"

No association with the company except this one successful
transaction.  Just thought others might find it of interest.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)