Amanda-Users

RE: DAT DDS4 size or avoiding hardware compression on Linux/Debian

2002-11-25 13:03:07
Subject: RE: DAT DDS4 size or avoiding hardware compression on Linux/Debian
From: "Bernhard Beck" <bbeck AT collabrys DOT com>
To: "Ronan KERYELL" <Ronan.Keryell AT enst-bretagne DOT fr>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:32:29 -0800
The HP DAT40 drives have dip switches to turn off hardware compression.
If you have one of the external drives you need to open the case in order to
get to the dip switches at the bottom of the drive...

You can find the description in the manual or online from
http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/products/tapebackup/dds_dat_drives/dds4_
dat40/index.html

Bernhard