Amanda-Users

Re: Relax checking of tapesequence

2002-11-25 09:49:29
Subject: Re: Relax checking of tapesequence
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:14:26 -0500
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 02:13:07PM +0100, Per Nothagen, Triacon AB wrote:
> I run a full unattended backup each night and would want Amanda to not
> check so carefully which tape I use. The tape label should match the
> labelstr parameter but it should not complain if I put the wrong tape
> number in the tape device. For example if I forget to replace the tape one
> day I prefer that it re-uses that tape during the next day, rather then
> having no backup made that night.

IIRC, you can use as many tapes as you want as long as they are equal
or greater than "tapecycle".  I think if you set your tapecycle to 1
you will be responsible for the ordering.

Of course you will be responsible for not overwriting your only
or last level 0's too.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)