Amanda-Users

mt commands at amdump startup

2002-11-16 13:58:43
Subject: mt commands at amdump startup
From: Marius Sorteberg <marius AT overalt DOT no>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:18:22 +0000
Hi list,

I use Amanda2.4.3 on FreeBSD 4.7, compiled from ports.
My tapedevice is a DLT 15/30.

I recently switched to software compression, and therefore whish to disable
hardware compression. This is done with "mt comp off" on FreeBSD, and works
well on my hardware. The tapedevice is external, in it's own case (the backup
server is 1U).

The "mt " command is lost after a reboot, or a powercycle on the tapedevice.
A small script, run by cron would solve this, but is it "a better way"?

I guess I'm looking for a setting in amanda.conf.

Regards Marius Sorteberg