Amanda-Users

Re: Adding new clients

2002-11-14 13:03:56
Subject: Re: Adding new clients
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:18:12 -0500
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:44:00AM -0800, Chris Marble wrote:
> Owain Pritchard wrote:
> >
> > I have added a new client into the disklist and it's access password
> > in the amandapass file.
> >
> > When I run amcheck on the new configuration, amcheck throws up
> > the following error appears:-
> >
> > "ERROR: info file
> > /var/lib/amanda/BackupMonth/curinfo/Neli/__nlserver_d$/info: not
> > readable"
>
> That could be a varient of a message saying that amanda couldn't find the
> index files for this new client.  If so then it'll all get taken care of
> after the amdump.  But usually the message is different and it says
> INFO not ERROR.

But in case it is a permissions problem, check the existance of each
Neli, __nlserver_d$, and info.  If present, check the owner/group/permissions
of Neli match other hosts in curinfo, __nlserver_d$ matches other disklist
names in Neli or other hosts, and info matches other info files.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)