Amanda-Users

Re: OS Upgrade

2002-11-12 20:36:41
Subject: Re: OS Upgrade
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Mahidhar Kada" <mkada AT gdatech DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:07:14 -0500
On Tuesday 12 November 2002 19:38, Mahidhar Kada wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am using Amanda 2.4.1p1 on Solaris 2.6. Now I want to upgrade my
> OS to Solaris 7. Do I need to reinstall Amanda, can you suggest
> something.

Since amanda has been considerably improved in the years since
2.4.1p1, I'd certainly recommend getting the latest 2.4.3 snapshot
and configuring it identically to the old install.  You did save
the script that configured 2.4.1p1 didn't you?  It should be
compatible.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M