Amanda-Users

RE: How can I skip tapes from backups that were missed due to sys tem down?

2002-11-12 11:30:31
Subject: RE: How can I skip tapes from backups that were missed due to sys tem down?
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:54:30 -0500
The best way to handle this would be to relabel all of your tapes and ditch
the hard connection between tapes and days, which is just going to keep
getting in your way. Just number them sequentially.

That said, if you're really stuck on your current arrangement, you can use
the 'no-reuse' option of amadmin to take tapes out of rotation. Just mark
your calendar for when those tapes come around again, and remember to mark
them 'reuse' when you're about to use each marked tape. You can also search
the list archives for more 'no-reuse' info.