Amanda-Users

Re: burt

2002-11-11 22:08:19
Subject: Re: burt
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:45:26 -0500
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 01:00:52PM +1100, Joseph Sirucka wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me about the backup and recovery system burt.

I presume you got to the BURT home page!

        http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jmelski/burt/

Here are a few things I picked up, maybe you saw these too.

It is claimed that "There are a few reasons why Burt is better than,
say, Amanda or any other backup software available."

The last release/update/change/bugfix was made in May ...  May of 1999.

There is a burt-users mailing list.  Just like this one.  Well not quite.
The archive shows about about 6 distinct posters and 50 messages through
early 2001.  Then nothing but spam.  Good mailing list if you need debt
elimination or bill consolidation :)

Did not inspire confidence, but maybe I did not get to the correct place.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)