Amanda-Users

Snapshots on Solaris, wrapper script

2002-11-11 06:56:26
Subject: Snapshots on Solaris, wrapper script
From: Meik Hellmund <hellmund AT mathematik.uni-leipzig DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 11 Nov 2002 12:19:51 +0100
Hi,

I would like to use the fssnap facility for snapshots on Solaris and write a
wrapper script. It seems to me that the  paths to tar and dump are hardcoded
to amanda at compile time.
Is it possible to avoid recompilation of the amanda client by
 giving another path to tar/dump at runtime?

If not, is it somehow possible to check whether the script was called by
amanda? Perhaps amanda sets some environment variabel so that I can write

  #!/bin/sh
     if [ ! $CALLED_BY_AMANDA ] ; then
        ufsdump.orig  $*
        exit
     fi

   .... amanda stuff ...

The script should check if this is the estimate run or the "real" run and
for the real run the device/directory argument has to be changed to
point to the new snapshot device.  So, is it somewhere documented how
the argument list produced by amanda looks like?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks, Meik

--
Meik Hellmund