Amanda-Users

Re: Windows backups

2002-11-08 12:34:06
Subject: Re: Windows backups
From: Leonid Mamtchenkov <leonid AT francoudi DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT lant DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:06:35 +0200
Dear Paul Bijnens,

Once you wrote about "Re: Windows backups":
> Does there exist a native Windows program that can backup open files?
> The standard backup program on e.g. win2000 can't (but most pc users
> are not aware of that problem :-).

Google for "open file manager".  OFM is used by several backup products
(e.g. Novanet from NovaStor).  OFM simply keeps track of all open file
on the system, and, when asked by backup or any other software, provides
the lates copy it has.  We've used it for the last couple of years and
it works stable and does the job.  It can be purchased and installed
separately on each server without any backup system.

--
Best regards,
  Leonid Mamtchenkov, RHCE