Amanda-Users

Re: amanda.conf w/ qualstar tape library question

2002-11-06 20:42:48
Subject: Re: amanda.conf w/ qualstar tape library question
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Gustave Eiffel <gustave AT 3web DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 19:07:09 -0600
--On Wednesday, November 06, 2002 16:23:05 -0700 Gustave Eiffel <gustave AT 3web
DOT net> wrote:

I have amanda 2.4.2 and a Qualstar TLS-6430 30 tape 2 drive ( DLT8000 ) robot
library.  I have installed mtx and am able to control the robot well with mtx
commands.  eg:

mtx -f /dev/sg/h0c0t0l0 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'QUALSTAR'
Product ID: 'TLS-6430        '
Revision: '2.18'
Attached Changer: No

What I am having some problems with is the amanda.conf section that deals with
tpchanger and such.  My robot is conrtoled with the device name of
/dev/sg/h0c0t010

Here is a ( porrly done and not working ) section of my config file:

runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
rawtapedev "/dev/nst0"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile " mtx-1.2.16/contrib/mtx-changer"
# changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
# changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/nst0"

What is wrong in this section?  Does anyone have a working config file with this
or a similar unit that I can see?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Your changerdev should be /dev/sg/h0c0t010 instead of /dev/nst0 and you need
to customize mtx-changer if you haven't already.  You probably need to set
DRIVE_MUST_EJECT to 1 for your Qualstar and make sure all the devices and
slot ranges are correct.
  I'm using a slightly modified version of Mark Holm's chg-qs-mtx script (which
I believe he modified from chg-mtx to better support Qualstar libraries) which
was posted to the list quite awhile back, so I'm probably not the best person
to answer chg-mtx questions.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com