Amanda-Users

Re: How to run a single dump by hand?

2002-11-05 11:47:08
Subject: Re: How to run a single dump by hand?
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: Orion Poplawski <orion AT colorado-research DOT com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:35:49 -0500
Orion Poplawski wrote:

Last night's run gave the following:

*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: Input/output error]].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DailySet1-02.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
amundsen /export/amundsen3 lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /export/amundsen3 in amundsen response]
 orca       /export/local lev 0 FAILED [out of tape]

amundsen failed because of a configuration problem, orca because it ran out of tape.

Before running amflush to write the orca dump to tape, I'd like to dump the amundsen directory so they both can be written to tape. How hard is this?

Thanks!

- Orion
It's been my experience that as long as amanda sees something in the holding disk any subsequent dump go directly to holding disk as well. You can then either select a day at a time or have amanda try to dump all holding to a single disk (I tend to do this even though it can be a bad idea).

=G=