Amanda-Users

smbclient and tar

2002-11-01 20:16:22
Subject: smbclient and tar
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:06:14 -0500
Where do I need to look if I want to add some functionality to the smbclient. Unless I am mistaken the newer versions of smbclient allows you to specify an exclude list not just a single file. From the sambatar man page we have the following:

             o X  -  Exclude  files and directories.  Causes tar
               files to be excluded from an extract  or  create.
               See example below. Filename globbing works in one
               of two ways now.  See r below.

             o r  -  Regular expression include or exclude. Uses
               regular  expression  matching  for  excluding  or
               excluding  files  if  compiled with HAVE_REGEX_H.
               However this mode can be very slow. If  not  com-
               piled  with HAVE_REGEX_H, does a limited wildcard
               match on '*' and '?'.

This is used in conjunction with the -T option. This could make the samba component of amrecover a bit more like the normal recover.

I'm also having to track down exactly where the tar arguments are built for a backup.

=G=