Amanda-Users

Re: samba restore...

2002-11-01 09:43:00
Subject: Re: samba restore...
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:36:14 -0500
Galen Johnson wrote:

Hey Gang,

Is a samba restore any different from a regular restore in the process needed? I have had a samba shared data disk die and need to restore the files but haven't had a chance to do a dry run yet. Another question is...can I restore multiple disks since I had to break up the smb shared directories as separate disklist entries?

=G=

ok...I can answer some of my question myself since I'm in a more or less emergency I've had to try to get it restored. Yes, a smb backup is restored the same as a regular backup but with 'setmode smb'. The problem I'm having now is that it refuses to connect to the new server to do the restore. I can use smbclient just fine...but I can't restore directly to the server. I know I'm just missing something simple but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

=G=