Amanda-Users

Re: Error compiling AMANDA sources on AIX 4.3 (`MNTTAB' undeclared)

2002-09-30 19:32:45
Subject: Re: Error compiling AMANDA sources on AIX 4.3 (`MNTTAB' undeclared)
From: "Doug Meredith" <doug.meredith AT skyridge DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:50:25 -0300
Todd,

> From: "Dombrowski, Todd" <Todd.Dombrowski AT FMR DOT COM>
[...]
> I recently ran across an issue on a new AIX 4.3 server we installed a few
[...]
> getfsent.c: In function `open_fstab':
> getfsent.c:154: `MNTTAB' undeclared (first use in this function)

I don't have a solution for you, but I do have a little bit of info.

I have encountered the same problem trying to build the Amanda client under
CygWin.  It occurs with 2.4.2p2 and 2.4.3b4.  MNTTAB is a symbolic constant
that on RedHat 7.3 equates to "/etc/fstab".  On RedHat this is defined in
/usr/include/mntent.h.  I hacked getfsent.c and inserted the macro directly
and was then able to compile without errors.  I haven't tried running it
yet.  Good luck.

Doug

--
Doug Meredith