Amanda-Users

Re: smb exclude lists

2002-09-28 12:41:31
Subject: Re: smb exclude lists
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: casey AT nixfusion DOT com
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:14:04 +0200
Hi,
Two things:
First your syntax is bad, in a dumptype with "exclude " you can only define one file to exclude. if you use it multiple times, only the last exclude-line is used. For more the one file to exclude use the "exclude list" option. It takes a file listing the files to exclude.

But with samba you are lost as far as i remember.
With amanda and samba you can only exclude one single file with the exclude
command,
as the exclude list command does not work with samba due to limitation of the dumper api or the smb-tar, i don't rem,ember exactly which of both.
Christoph

Casey Scott schrieb:
Hi all,

I have been through all the documentation I can find, and still don't know if it's possible to exclude a directory from a windows (smb) backup. I have the following as my dumptype, and PAGEFILE.SYS is ignored but nothing else:

define dumptype comp-smb {
    root-tar
    comment "Root partitions with compression"
    compress client fast
    exclude "./TuxDownloads"
    exclude "./Documents and Settings\Casey Scott"
    exclude "./WINNT\system32\config"
    exclude "./PAGEFILE.SYS"
    dumpcycle 0
}

Do I have to name every file that I want to be ignored, or is there just a syntax mistake with the directory declarations?

Thanks,
Casey Scott