Amanda-Users

Re: Processing Time

2002-09-19 10:04:18
Subject: Re: Processing Time
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:52:27 -0500
--On Thursday, September 19, 2002 08:52:31 -0400 Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink
DOT com> wrote:

I cron schedule my Amanda dump for 12:45 am, but it doesn't complete
until about 9:00am.  If I look at my switch graphs, the data transfer
only takes about 1 hour.  What is it doing the rest of the time???

Look at your daily report, it tells you how long it took to dump
and tape each disklist entry and the total dump and tape time.
 If you want to know what's going on while Amanda is still running,
then run amstatus and it will tell you.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com