Amanda-Users

Re: Never mind: Debian amanda: changing backup operator?

2002-09-06 13:23:05
Subject: Re: Never mind: Debian amanda: changing backup operator?
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: KEVIN ZEMBOWER <KZEMBOWER AT jhuccp DOT org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:11:21 -0500
On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, KEVIN ZEMBOWER wrote:

>Hope nobody put much time into this. Once I discovered that the backup
>user's home directory is /var/backups, and that
>/var/backups/.amandahosts is aliased to /etc/amandahosts, when I changed
>the entry in /etc/amandahosts to the proper tapehost hostname and the
>backup name that the tapehost was compiled with, everything seemed to
>work.
>
>Thanks for your patience.

FYI:

% apt-get source amanda
% cd amanda-2.4.2p2
% vi debian/rules
[ change --with-user=backup to --with-user=amanda ]
% su -
Password:
# apt-get install dpkg-dev
# apt-get install fakeroot
# apt-get build-dep amanda
# exit
% dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

You should now have debs in the directory above your amanda source
directory which are built to use user amanda.  Enjoy.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
Computer Geek, Center for Structural Biology

"This isn't rocket science -- but it _is_ computer science."
        - Terry Lambert on current AT FreeBSD DOT org.