Amanda-Users

Question relating to dumpcycle and tar

2002-09-05 14:46:22
Subject: Question relating to dumpcycle and tar
From: Andrew Williams <amw1 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:26:08 -0700 (PDT)
Do the dumpcycle and related variables mean anything when using tar instead of
dump?  Specifically I'm looking at the tapecycle variable and wether or not it
means anything in the context of tar.  (knowing that dump uses levels which
seem to be primed via the dumpcycle variable)

Basically I want to have 28 tapes with daily full tars every day of the week.
Do I just label all of the tapes I'm going to use and it will cycle back to
the first used tape when the list of labled tapes is reached?

I've done a fair ammount of digging and can't find this referenced anywhere.

- andrew