Amanda-Users

minor problems building beta 4

2002-08-30 12:06:13
Subject: minor problems building beta 4
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:50:43 -0400
I'm building on a Solaris 8, x86 system using the gcc 2.95
provided on Sun's companion cd.

After dealing with the second problem below I only get one
warning message during a compile:

    statfs.c: In function `get_fs_stats':
    statfs.c:138: warning: passing arg 2 of `statvfs64' from incompatible
pointer type

I'll try to look at this later to see if it is simply a matter of
a missing cast or truely an improper pointer.

The other problem is incompatibility between the standard "termcap" library
and the ncurses library.  The ncurses library is needed (I think) by readline.
The ncurses library does not (I think) need the termcap library at all as its
functionallity is included (please correct my impression if wrong).

Configure looks for a function "tgetent" in three libraries, termcap, curses,
and ncurses -- in that order.  It finds tgetent in termcap so forces its
inclusion on the link line even though the library is not needed.  Then during
compile there are a ton of messages about objects in the two libraries (termcap
and ncurses) having different sizes.

I've found work-arounds
 - removing -ltermcap from all the makefiles
 - renaming the termcap libs during config so they are not found
 - commenting out 100+ lines of configure.

I've tried several configure options to say "without termcap" and/or
"with ncurses" to avoid the work-arounds.  None had any effect.

What is the proper way to get configure to ignore termcap and use ncurses only?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)