Amanda-Users

chg-zd-mtx on freebsd

2002-08-29 17:35:40
Subject: chg-zd-mtx on freebsd
From: "greg" <greg AT z-axis DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:20:48 -0700
Hello list

I am running amanda 2.4.2p2 on freebsd 4.6.2.

I am trying to get this changer stuff working but I am having some problems.

If i run form the /amanda/conf/dir  /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info or whatever command they
all work fine.  The output from each is correct according to the docs.

Now when i try to run amcheck it starts to run but then just hangs.....

i look in /tmp/amanda at amcheck.debug.longstringofnumbers and see this

amcheck: debug 1 pid 71654 ruid 3 euid 0 start time Thu Aug 29 14:04:28 2002
amcheck: dgram_bind: socket bound to 0.0.0.0.578
changer: got exit: 0 str: 0 13 1
changer_query: changer return was 13 1
changer_query: searchable = 0
changer_find: looking for NULL changer is searchable = 0
This is after amcheck has loaded a tape.  However none of these tapes are labeld as I haven't tried to label them yet.

Any ideas?  am i doing something in the wrong order?  err apparently I am.

-greg